Have an old record collection sitting in the garage that’s gathering dust? Check out this fun and funky DIY project that will give a new spin to your old vinyl. Perfect for any room in the house—from the bonus room to the kitchen—this rockin’ clock is a fun alternative to a more conventional wall clock.
- Number stencils template
- 12” record
- Hot knife
- Face mask
- Metal file
- Super glue
- Clock mechanism
1. Download the number stencils template and, using scissors, carefully cut out each of the numbers to use as stencils.
2. Position the numbers around the record so they touch each other, and trace the outline with a pencil.
3. Using extreme caution, carefully cut out your design, using the hot knife. Be especially careful when removing part of the record, as it can easily snap or break. Important: be sure that you wear a face mask, and always work in a well-ventilated area.
4. If any of the edges are rough, carefully smooth them out using a metal file.
6. Snap the hands of the clock into place, and voila —you’re ready to rock!
For more fun and easy DIY upcycling ideas, visit www.americanlifestylemag.com/recycle.